- Atlanta, GA
Contact Katy Lucas
Katy Lucas has more than ten years of experience representing plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of healthcare litigation matters, including contract disputes, government investigations, business tort actions and class actions. Ms. Lucas also has substantive experience in healthcare contracting issues related to mergers and acquisitions, physician practices, and real estate. She regularly counsels clients on regulatory and compliance issues including contract drafting and review, due diligence investigations, Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and HIPAA.
Prior to joining Southern Health Lawyers, Ms. Lucas was an associate at the Atlanta office of King & Spalding, where she gained experience representing companies in litigation, investigations, and regulatory matters in state and federal courts. Ms. Lucas attended Vanderbilt University Law School, where she served as an associate editor for the Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment Law and Practice. Ms. Lucas received her undergraduate degree from Southern Methodist University, magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa.
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Northern District of Georgia
- Middle District of Georgia
- Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., 2005)
- Southern Methodist University (B.A. History, 2000)
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Health Law and Litigation Sections
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Georgia Hospital Association